ROVE: /rōv/ - travel constantly without a fixed destination; wander.
Built from the ground up, the ROVE features a unique fully machined frame and spool designed to be fished hard and anywhere in the world. Manufactured with a half ported, half solid body on the frame, the ROVE is built for durability and longevity. This modern design allows space for artwork on the top third of the frame including the new laser etched designs. The time tested and proven unsealed cork drag system allows easy maintenance and service if issues were to arise in the field. Voted the Best Reel of 2022, by Fly Fisherman Magazine, the ROVE series of reels was created to give anglers the ultimate peace of mind on the water regardless of conditions or location. The ROVE features a caged frame thereby eliminating line jumping through the spool while battling larger fish on the drag. This is your ultra-tough, ultra-reliable, high capacity, beat-me-up adventure reel that will go where you want to go without feeling a need to have a backup reel in your limited carry on space. Get out and wander the world with it!
The Abel ROVE 11/12+ is the heavy duty, largest reel of the series. Designed specifically for the largest fish you can catch on the fly. With backing capacities of 400yards+, you can rest assured you will have enough backing even on the longest of runs. The buttery smooth and fish stopping power of the drag system will handle these fish with ease. The ROVE 11/12+ also features a laser engraved fresh and saltwater flies on the reverse side of the drag plate and rotates as the line is being retrieved. Customize your ROVE with many different finishes, drag, knobs, and handles during checkout.
- Partially ported frame for the perfect balance of sound, and visual appeal
- Caged frame to prevent any possibility of line getting caught between the frame and spool
- High capacity, large arbor spool for single or two handed rods
- Structurally integral machining design to withstand the demands of the traveling angler
- Laser engraved fresh and saltwater flies on reverse side of drag plate that rotate as line is being retrieved
- Quick change spool
- Double pawl engagement on all sizes
- User convertible drag system
- Made in USA
- Weight: 10.8 oz
- Spool Diameter: 4.967"
- Arbor Width: 1.26"
- Line+Yards+Backing: WF11 490yd #30, WF12 400yd #30